I released Mono.Zeroconf 0.7.4 last night which is a minor bug fix release. Packages are available for openSUSE, SUSE Linux Enterprise, and Fedora. Sources and binaries are available for Linux, Windows and OS X.
Only a few months overdue, we've finally released a new stable Banshee. This release includes a slew of important bug fixes and a handful of new features.
I started working on Mono/.NET bindings to Bonjour/mDNSResponder almost two years ago. The code was quite useful but we found ourselves adding a lot of nasty preprocessor directives -- yes, in C# -- and configure junk to support both Mono.Zeroconf (Bonjour) and Avahi in software like daap-sharp and Banshee.
We are hard at work on the next generation of Banshee, and I'll be posting details and juicy screencasts and screenshots soon. What I'm curious about now is what we should call Plugins in our UI. We use Mono.Addins in trunk now, and I have been thinking about renaming Plugins in the UI to something else, such as Extensions. My first thought was, "what does everyone else use?"
PodSleuth is a new project I started last May that aims to probe, identify, and expose properties and metadata bound to iPods. It obsoletes libipoddevice, which had the same goals, but due to many reasons ended up being a mess of spaghetti code and hacks due to effectively being obsoleted overnight about a year ago when Apple made a particular firmware release.
Welcome to the second part of the "Things you may not know about Banshee" series of posts, where I highlight some cool features about Banshee that have been introduced in the 0.11.x series. I'm making up for all the blogging I haven't done in the last 4-5 months.
Last night I spent a little time updating the Banshee Wiki with a new home page layout and a new screenshots page - it was time for a little change. The screenshots that had been there since August of last year were showing just the bare functionality of 0.9.2, so it was time to show off all the new things Banshee can do!